Monday, August 10, 2009

Still Don't Know.

It's time I start updating my blog more frequently. Looking forward to attempting to get these photos in a much needed exhibit, but times are slow and so are funds. There are many more to come, but here's what I have so far.

Background: The exhibit to be featured hopefully soon .. "Still Don't Know." As I look back on my years in college, and why my girl friends became so important to me.. I realized that it was due to the fact that I didn't know of a support system until I found them. I am proud to say that I know some of the most strong, independent, talented women in the mid-west... all who needed someone to lean on, just like I did, after being crushed by the weight of another. I asked some of these women to draw a picture of a man who had the most influence on destroying their independence, and then tare it up in a sort of liberating exercise. The benefits, as the girls can contest, were astounding. They reported an increased ability to face the situation through drawing the face of those that deceived them, while a feeling of triumph when taring up the photographs. We shall all over come, and while wounds may leave scars, our hearts can mend.









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home